The first one is relatively recent: it's the postapocalyptic world from a few posts ago, but with some texture and refinement added:
Not drastic, but I definitely think it looks better.
The second one is from spring 2009, if I remember correctly. I did it before I really knew what I was doing painting-wise, but I thought it had potential. I was frustrated with it, though, and once I turned it in for class I didn't think about it again. Until recently, when I opened it up and thought, "this could be way better with a little love."
It's from a class assignment: to create a piece in the style of an existing property. In this case, Lothlorien in The Lord of the Rings.
Both of these new pieces can be seen at my new site.